What to know for 2022 – UK Athletics
LEXINGTON, Kentucky — With the Wildcats scheduled to play eight home games in 2022, UK Athletics have continued their work to provide the best and safest fan experience possible at Kroger Field. This work has led to the following upgrades, operational changes and recalls for the upcoming season, which begins when the UK hosts Miami (Ohio) on Saturday, September 3 at 7 p.m. ET.
One thing fans will immediately notice are the new state-of-the-art video panels at both ends of the stadium. The boards are larger than previous versions, with a crisp, clear image to help improve the gaming experience for fans. Both scoreboards will have a UK brand placed outside the stadium, although this feature may not be ready for the first game.
- Mobile ticketing and parking – UK Athletics has moved fully to mobile ticketing in all places. All tickets will be mobile and no physical ticket books will be printed. Season ticket holders and individual game buyers will use the UK Athletics app to access and manage tickets. Season ticket holders can also manage tickets by visiting UKathletics.com/MyUKAccount from a mobile device’s web browser
- UK Athletics has published a brand new mobile app in July 2022. iPhone users will need to check that their app is up to date. Fans can check for updates in the App Store. Android users will need to remove the original UK Athletics app and then download the new UK Athletics app from the Google Play Store. The new app icon will be identical to the original app. When using the new app for the first time, fans may be prompted to create an “app profile”. The app profile is optional and separate from a fan’s ticketing account.
- Seasonal parking permits will also be issued by mobile deliveryand parking ticket holders will access and display parking permits on a smartphone to enter stadium car parks
- To avoid match day issues, UK Athletics encourages all fans to view parking tickets and permits and save them to a smartphone’s digital wallet (Apple Wallet or Google Pay) before arriving at Kroger Field
- Parking permits will be scanned at the entrance to the pitch, so fans should have the mobile license ready before leaving the house. Fans may also be asked to show the permit on a phone before arriving at the pitch entrance. This will help traffic personnel efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex.
- Fans must enter the stadium at assigned gate that will appear on their mobile ticket
- For more information, helpful tips and FAQs, visit UKathletics.com/MobileTickets.
- Student tickets – UK students should visit UKStudentTix.com for season ticket information, including how and when season ticket holders can claim tickets for each game. Instructions are also available on how and when students can purchase game tickets.
- Disabled services – With a valid state-issued hang tag, fans can park in the non-disabled parking lot located at the corner of University Drive and Farm Road. The batch capacity is 120 vehicles. This bundle will operate on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost per vehicle is $50 and only credit cards will be accepted.
- Continuation of the breastfeeding mother – The Suite is located in the Lower North Hall, adjacent to Section 3. The Suite provides another private space for nursing mothers, fully equipped with furniture, sink, fridge and TV to continue watching the game. Additionally, there are six family toilets located throughout the stadium that will accommodate breastfeeding mothers. They are located in the lower concourse near sections 4 and 24 and in the upper concourse near sections 20, 40, 204 and 224. Additionally, there are four first aid locations which will accommodate nursing mothers.
- Mobile Ticketing WiFi Help Zones – To assist fans with mobile ticketing connectivity and related issues, WiFi help zones will be in place outside the stadium. They will be located at the customer service points outside gates 1, 4, 9 and 12, as well as at the ticket office (between gates 9 and 10)
- Traffic – During the two hour period before kick-off, lots will be filled according to availability. If the designated lot is full upon arrival, fans will be directed to the next available lot. Fans are encouraged to review the suggested routes listed at UKathletics.com/Gameday. An interactive map with directions for each parking area can be found at UKathletics.com/Gameday. Fans are encouraged to activate their digital parking passes upon arrival at the grounds, allowing traffic personnel to efficiently sort and direct vehicles approaching the complex
- Parking without permit – Available on Cooper Drive on a first-come, first-served basis starting at noon ET on Friday. Additional unlicensed parking spaces are available in parking structures #2, #3 and #6. Unreserved disabled parking is available at the corner of University and Farm Road. A valid state issued invalid hang tag is required and the cost is $50 per vehicle. Only credit cards are accepted.
- Bridge – The popular Chevy Catwalk will return this season as the Cats head to Talbott Todd Way and Gate 1 of the Joe Craft Football Training Center before the game. Keep in mind that the Catwalk route may change during the season.
UK Athletics also reminds fans of the following important matchday information this season:
- Online Match Day Information – The official online homepage for Kentucky football game information is UKathletics.com/GameDay. Visit this website to learn all about attending games at Kroger Field this season
- Text help – The Game Day Assistance program allows fans to start a conversation with UK Athletics staff. Fans can text UK MESSAGE & SEAT LOCATION to 69050
- Questions by e-mail – Fans with questions or comments on the day of the football match can contact UK Athletics by email [email protected]
- Ticket office hours on match day – The Kroger Field ticket office, located between Gates 9 and 10, opens four hours before kickoff and closes five minutes after the third quarter
- Client services – In addition to normal attendance, fans are encouraged to stop by any of the five guest service outlets in the lobby for Coke posters, temporary tattoos, early game cards and more -Cola
- Clear bag policy – As a reminder, the SEC’s clear bag policy remains in place at Kroger Field as an additional security measure and to facilitate entry. Each fan will be allowed to carry one large clear bag – either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or a 12″ x 6″ x 12″ clear bag – plus a small pouch that does not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″. The small pouch allows privacy for small personal items and is also easy to find. The see-through bag policy improves public safety by making bags easier to find and significantly reducing false bag searches. Fans are encouraged not to bring bags to reduce touchpoints. In addition, all non-transparent bags left unattended at the gates will be assessed and disposed of.
- Kroger tailgating experience. Kroger will host a VIP tailgate event, which will begin two hours before kickoff for each home game, on the lawn next to Bluegrass Technical and Community College. Kroger customers can earn Fan Rewards points by purchasing participating items at their local Kroger stores and then visiting Kroger.com/fanrewards to redeem them. These points can be used for free entry to the Kroger Tailgate Experience, including food and beverages. Customers will receive a confirmation email which can be presented at the entrance for admission to the tailgate
- Big Blue Zone / UK Sports Network Countdown to kick off – This season, the UK Sports Network Countdown presented by Don Franklin Auto will take place in the Big Blue area outside Gate Four. The Big Blue Zone will open three hours before kick-off
- New items in dealership – This season, Kroger Field will offer three new items in concession. LaDonna’s Candy Kitchen (fudge, roasted nuts, etc.) will be near section 119. City BBQ will be located near section 17. And the Empanada Queen will be near section 226.
- Food/gift trucks – Before the game, there will be food trucks from BHG, Salsarita’s, Kentucky Strong BBQ and Kona Ice. Kentucky Farm Bureau, Kentucky Select Chevy Dealers, Raising Cane’s and One Holland will all be on hand with giveaways for fans
- Free water – Free water is available for fans in the lower and upper concourses of Kroger Field. Four large water tanks are located in the lower and upper halls which fans can use to refill cups that will be provided
- Tailgate configuration – Fans are asked not to set up tents or trailers in the Kroger Field complex until noon on the Friday before game day to facilitate preparations. In addition, all vehicles, tents and trailers must be removed by noon on the Sunday following game day. New to the orange lot, tailgating lines are in place to guide spectators where to place their tent.
A limited number of season passes, mini packs, group tickets and single game tickets are still available for Kentucky’s eight home games. To learn more and reserve seats today, visit UKFootballTix.comcontact the UK sales office at (800) 928-2287 (option 1), or Click here to request a phone call from a personal representative.