Table Game News for Early September 2022
Here is the board game (and board game-related!) news that has caught our attention in recent weeks.
- Ravensburger has announced the upcoming release of Disney Lorcana, the first Disney-themed collectible card game. According to the press release, the game “will feature beloved Disney characters in original and reimagined art styles who live in an all-new world with unique and magical gameplay.” The release explains that the game will have players “take on the mantle of the Illumineer, a mighty wizard, and collect Disney characters from Lorcana’s ‘The Great Illuminary,’ a treasure trove of every Disney song and story ever made. “. “Seven Disney Lorcana characters will be unveiled on D23. Disney Lorcana will be released globally in fall 2023 and will be supported by four new card game releases each year as well as a strong organized play program.
- Stonemaier Games celebrates its 10th anniversary this month, and in commemoration of the event, they are releasing a series of new games and special offers. A new cooperative game 1-2 players, Struck, was designed by Jamey Stegmaier for this celebration. The game will be included with any order from the company’s website once it becomes available later this month. Between Two Cities Essential Editionwhich combines the original game and the Capitals expansion into one box, three new rolling kingdoms promotions based on A feast for Odin, Honey Buzzand Struck, as well as a digital rulebook containing all of the promotional realms so far are also releasing this month. Plus, a 10% discount on all tangible products in the online store applied to your shopping cart (in addition to the 20% discount if you’re a champion), a video featuring major events from the Stonemaier Games timeline at past 3 years (part II of a previous video that covers the first 7 years), and a multiple choice “how well do you know Stonemaier Games” quiz are now available on the site.
- Asmodee has rebranded its digital branch by changing the name to Twin Sails Interactive. The company will “focus more on original content” in the future.
- According to Dicebreaker, Richard Garfield’s next entry into the king of the monsters will be a cooperative game called Monster Island. No other details, other than that the game will be released “soon”, were available.
- Dicebreaker also reports that Orichalcumthe last game of UK designer, is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of this year. The game, which takes place in the mythical realm of Atlantis, has players searching for a new home for their civilization.
Reviews on GeekDad and GeekMom
Here’s what we’ve gone over since our last Re-Roll:
what we play
Finally, here’s what the GeekDads and GeekMoms played:
- Angela Leach played Cozy Juicy Real, Tentacle Townand Battletech Alpha Strike.
- Michael Pistiolas played Bardsung, Just One, Azul, Mystic Valeand Ticket to ride.
- Jonathan Liu played Philosophy, Ahoy, Leviathan Wilds, Master Word, Picture Perfect, Bag of Chips, Clank!, Museum Suspects, Psychic Pizza Deliverers Go to the Ghost Town, RUN, Turtle Splash, Master Word, Catch the Moon, My Father’s Work, Northgard: Uncharted Lands, Oltréé, Ahoy, Dandelions, Dead & Breakfast, Luck: The Game, Just One, Leaf, Mosaic: A Story of Civilization, Museum Suspectsand Oceans: Legends of the Deep.
- Robin Brooks played The War of the Ring: The Card Game, Cascadia, Fire Teamand Climb on board.
- Michael Knight played Almost Innocent, Trekking Through History, Tiny Epic Dungeonand Epic Tiny Zombies.
- I played Terraforming Mars: Ares Expedition, Terraforming Mars, Deep Sea Adventure, Tricks and the Phantom, Nine Tile Panic, Quacks of Quedlinburg, Ricochet Robots, Slip Strike, Jurassic Park: Legacy of Isla Nublar, Cartographers, Eurorails, Merchants & Marauders, and The Palace of Mad King Ludwig. Ricochet Robots is our featured image.