Rovio invests in Gutsy Animations from studio ‘Moominvalley’ and develops game ‘Moomins’
Gutsy Animations, the studio behind the CG series Moominvalley, received an investment of angry Birds developer Rovio Entertainment.
Here are the details:
- Rovio will invest 5 million euros (US $ 5.95 million) in Gutsy Animation.
- As part of the agreement, Rovio acquired the exclusive rights to the Moomin brand for all gaming and mobile platforms. It has entered into an agreement with Moomin Characters Ltd and Rights & Brands, the global licensing agency for the franchise.
- The first of the company Moomin the game is under development, and should be smoothly launched later in the year. The visuals will be inspired by Moominvalley series.
- The Moomins were created by Finnish author Tove Jansson and have appeared in more than a dozen books and comics. The hippo-like creatures have inspired countless spin-offs, including several animated series.
- Rovio built a franchise from its hugely successful mobile game Angry Birds. There have been several animated series and two feature films. The developer is headquartered in Espoo, Finland.
- Gutsy was founded in 2016. The animation studio Moomin Valley, which won several awards and was nominated for an International Emmy for Best Children’s Series. She is based in Helsinki, Finland, with an office in Bristol, UK