Cabin rentals are the best (non-tourist) way to see Gatlinburg
Picture yourself: a rustic southern cabin, the Gatlinburg mountains behind you, and truly stunning scenery to behold.
Often, travelers underestimate winter vacations (unless, of course, they’re heading to a tropical destination like the Bahamas). After all, who wants to brave the colder temperatures and potentially snowy weather? Not to mention that packing a bunch of bulky sweaters and a myriad of outerwear like gloves, scarves, boots, and hoods can be downright boring.
However, winter getaways are some of the best, especially in well-located spots in scenic areas that only become more beautiful when temperatures drop. And Gatlinburg, Tennessee is one of those places. A vibrant seaside resort and prime vacation destination due to its location next to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park; Gatlinburg offers an escape from the hubbub of the larger, more touristy mountains – and in the winter, its many chalet retreats are great places to relax and marvel at the snowy outside world.
But Gatlinburg isn’t just for hibernating from the winter cold; it is also an incredible place for winter sports enthusiasts who revel in outdoor adventures. Below are some of the best reasons to rent a cozy cabin and head southeast for the winter in the quaint hamlet of Gatlinburg.
Comfortable cabin retreats
The best places to stay while visiting Gatlinburg this winter are at one of the city’s many cabins or cabins. With these comfortable accommodations, visitors are never just steps away from galore outdoor adventures and bustling downtown – and because Gatlinburg is located right in the heart of the Smokies, there’s a good chance travelers will have breathtaking views of the scenic mountains no matter where they choose to camp.
To note: There are several ways to hire a cabin in and around Gatlinburg; However, the options below are some of the best because of their location, views, and amenities.
Cabins USA Gatlinburg
With a variety of cabins that can accommodate all types of travelers, from couples looking for a romantic getaway to large groups of friends and families looking to enjoy a group vacation, Cabins USA Gatlinburg is a great place to score some of Gatlinburg’s most comfortable cabins. Conveniently located near all of the city’s major attractions, Cabins USA retreats are perfect for those looking to get out and see the sights and for those who just want to relax and unwind in a warm and luxurious cabin.
- Site: 849 Glades Road, Unit 1A1
- Contact: (865) 436-5031
- Rates: Rates vary by rental, but start at $ 89 and up / night
- Approvals: Game rooms and home theater rooms on site; whirlpools and whirlpools; fireplaces; saunas; wraparound terraces and porches; access to the swimming pool, and more
Heartland cabin rentals
Well-stocked cabin or cozy chalet? It’s so hard to choose — and with Heartland cabin rentals, the choice is easy; because all of their properties are picturesque paradises at the gates of the Great Smoky Mountains. While Heartland’s nine rentals are unique, they’re all equally comfortable, inviting and quaint – and the perfect place to camp for an unforgettable Gatlinburg vacation.
- Site: 745 Powdermill Road
- Contact: (888) 991-9040 Monday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Rates: The minimum stay is two nights; rates vary by stateroom but start at $ 225 and up / night, taxes and fees included
- Approvals: Amenities vary by cabin, but popular on-site amenities include spas / hot tubs; exterior decks; fireplaces; full kitchens; charcoal barbecue; panoramic views, and more
Aunt Bug’s cabin rental
With as many accommodations to choose from (at least 30 accommodations possible!), Aunt Bug’s cabin rental is the easiest way for travelers to personalize their Smoky Mountain Getaway. From super comfy one-bedroom cabins to full-fledged eight-bedroom cabins perfect for a large group of friends and family – and everything in between – Aunt Bug’s quaint and lovely cabins are the perfect way to get lost in the wilderness. picturesque town of Gatlinburg; while still being close (some even within walking distance) to all of the area’s major attractions and charming downtown Gatlinburg.
- Site: 849 Glades Road, Unit # 3B2
- Contact: (800) 953-5655
- Rates: Rates vary by cabin, but start at $ 120 and up / night
- Approvals: amenities vary by cabin, but may include fireplace, hot tubs; full kitchens; games rooms; outdoor terraces; access to swimming pool and tennis courts, and more. All cabins offer charming decor and seasonal mountain views.
Picturesque winter fun above Gatlinburg
For those who do not want to spend their all maximum and relaxing vacation in a quaint and cozy cabin, there are a myriad of attractions and fun things to do in the charming, historic town of Gatlinburg which offers visitors plenty of reasons to want to bundle up, hang out and enjoy the spectacular views .
- Anakeesta Mountain is a lovely place to visit during the warmer months, but during the winter this picturesque place comes alive with its enchanted winter of lights. Enjoy thousands of twinkling lights as you stroll through the peaceful forest; take a Chondola ride to the top of Anakeesta and visit Firefly Village; or take a stroll along the scenic TreeTop SkyWalk for the best views around. The enchanted winter runs until February 14, 2022. Tickets available online
- Ober Gatlinburg is a four-season amusement park and ski area, and with so many fun activities to choose from, visitors will be sure to enjoy their time high above Gatlinburg. Take a cable car ride from the city center and soak up the view; have a downhill tube or ski adventure, have fun ice skating or riding in ice bumper cars; or ride the ski roller coaster. Some activities depend on the weather; check website for openings and ticket purchase
- Gatlinburg Cable Car Park is one of the best places to see the stunning Smoky Mountains and the surrounding area; and during the winter, Lights Over Gatlinburg becomes one of its most visited attractions. Explore the Gatlinburg Trail during the day for a lovely winter hike, then admire the magical lights as you stroll the SkyBridge at night. Lights Over Gatlinburg runs through January 31, 2022. Tickets can be purchased online
- You want to witness the natural beauty of the Smokies and the Gatlinburg area without having to spend too much a lot of time outdoors? then head to downtown Gatlinburg’s most famous attraction, the over 400 feet tall Gatlinburg Space Needle to experience some of the best scenic views in the state. Open 365 days a year. Tickets available online
The perfect way to experience a winter getaway in the charming mountain town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee is to rent a cozy cabin or cabin. Surrounded by the scenic Great Smoky Mountains, this charming town in eastern Tennessee is full of fun things to do from rabid outdoor enthusiasts to those looking for a relaxing, peaceful getaway away from it all.
NEXT: Coast By Train: See America’s Best Views By Train
Infamous: All About Russia’s Gulags, Extinct and Isolated Prisons
About the Author